If you’re a coffee enthusiast, chances are very high that you have a high-quality coffee grinder in your home that is easily accessible at all times of the day. However, just like other mechanical devices, a coffee grinder is bound to break down, for one reason or the other. If you’re yet to invest in a grinder for your coffee kit, check out our coffee grinder guide, it will seriously open your eyes to the brewing possibilities a grinder provides.
Besides a technical malfunction, you might visit friends or family members, who only use pre-ground coffee, while you swear by freshly ground coffee. If you find yourself in that situation, don’t panic. You can still enjoy a delicious cup of coffee, from fresh grounds. These simple kitchen hacks will show you how to grind coffee without a grinder. While you’re grinding away at your friend’s place to prove to them that fresh is best, get them to read this post about why freshly ground coffee is so much better to convince them to buy a grinder and save you the manual labour next time you visit!
1.HOW TO GRIND COFFEE WITHOUT A GRINDER
1. Mortar and Pestle: Grind coffee beans with this traditional method. You’ll get a fine powder of coffee grounds.
2. Use A Blender: Get coarse coffee grounds quickly with your home blender. Be careful not to let the built-up heat destroy the flavor of your coffee beans.
3.Crush With Rolling Pin: A medium-fine texture of uniform coffee grounds can be achieved with a rolling pin, but you’ll be putting in a lot of effort.
4. With A Hammer: Pound those coffee beans with a hammer and you’ll get coarse to medium coffee grounds.
5. Use A Knife: Crush coffee beans with the side of a butcher knife. Get medium-fine grounds from this method.
2. GRIND COFFEE BEANS: 5 DIFFERENT GRINDING PROCEDURES